We have spent a significant amount of time creating and refining reports and have come up with our own Reporting Checklist.
- Report Title – Is it present and formatted using a Style Sheet?
- Page Footer – Is the footer in place with Page X of Y and the date it was printed?
- Style Sheet – Is it being used correctly across all elements?
- Page Orientation – Should the report be landscape or portrait?
- Page Margins – Are the margins set appropriately (Narrow)?
- Overlapping – Are any elements overlapping or red to indicate a problem with exporting?
- Spelling and Grammar – Did you re-read the entire report to ensure correct spelling and grammar?
- Parameters – Are the parameters named correctly and in use?
- Parameter Info – Are key parameters displayed in the report anywhere?
- Sorting / Grouping – Is the data grouped and sorted correctly (Main report, sub-reports, parameters, etc)?
- Page Breaks – Are groups of data kept together or are headers repeated after each page break?
- Page Headers – Similar to a report header, are there headers on subsequent pages if needed?
- Font Consistency – Are all fonts the same based on the Style Sheet unless intentionally modified (Such as a report title)?
- Table Borders – Are all borders lined up and correct?